Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a qvc credit card issued by Synchrony Bank, with a

Customer Question

I have a qvc credit card issued by Synchrony Bank, with a good credit history always making payments on time, usually more than min. And early. Qvc has elected to close my acct.(while I'm still making payments to synchrony) saying somehow I didn't make easy pays with them on time and turned acct. over to a collection co. I owe 209.75 of which I plan on paying off to bank. Is this legal when bank and I are in good standing and they bring in 3rd party? I'm in N.C. Collection is in Houston, Tx
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Qvc is in PA. Bank is in Atalanta, Ga. Started back probably March but thought I had caught up their so called easy pays(QVC) not hearing any negativity from Bank!
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not so far and I have other accts. with Synchrony Bank never late. Should I call Synchrony?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: When Synchrony bank is credit card issuer is it legal for Qvc to bring in Collection Agency and bypass Bank when I'm good with them and demand payment in full?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Questions:

I have a qvc credit card issued by Synchrony Bank, with a good credit history always making payments on time, usually more than min. And early. Qvc has elected to close my acct.(while I'm still making payments to synchrony) saying somehow I didn't make easy pays with them on time and turned acct. over to a collection co. I owe 209.75 of which I plan on paying off to bank. Is this legal when bank and I are in good standing and they bring in 3rd party?

When Synchrony bank is credit card issuer is it legal for Qvc to bring in Collection Agency and bypass Bank when I'm good with them and demand payment in full?

Response: Unfortunately, it is legal if you fall behind on your "easy pay." QVC, which is the company that actually extended the credit to you by letting you pay for your products on installment basis using the credit card can bypass the credit card that you are using and ask for full payment for the merchandise.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,