I am in alabama i own a building i rent to someone on a

Customer Question
I am in alabama...

I am in alabama i own a building i rent to someone on a month to month base he does not have a lease but i want him to move out i dont want to rent it no more how do i get him out

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you given him any written notice to vacate?

.

.

thanks

Ok, you have to start out with a written 30 day notice to vacate given to the tenant. Keep a copy. Then if he doesn't move out within that period, you have to file a formal eviction action in the local court to get a judgment and a writ that the sheriff will execute to force the tenant to vacate. That will take around 3-4 weeks more after the 30 day expires..

.

.

thanks

Lawyer: lilibeth-cssm,
 replied 9 months ago
lilibeth-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/law/at5k6-alabama-own-building-rent-someone.html.
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much