Is it considered a conflict of interest if 1 or 5 children…

Customer Question
Is it considered a...

Is it considered a conflict of interest if 1 or 5 children is the executor or a parents will and decides to sell property left to all 5 children to the EXECUTORS "in-laws" at a lower price than normal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any conflict of interest been documented or proven?

What do you mean? If the house was valued at $399,000 and the executor sells it to her own in laws at $250,000 is that considered any type of conflict? As it leaves the other 4 children without while the property still remains a "family asset" to the 5th child (the executor) though marriage

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Again, what documents would I need?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, absolutely, this is a kind of "self dealing" or even fraud if the house is being sold artifically low without any appraisal being done and no legitimate reason for the low sale (i.e. it is in terrible shape, fire damages, water damage, etc.)

.

The heir's recourse here is to file a formal objection with the court opposing the sale and asking for a judicial determination as to whether it is allowed or not.

.

But yes, something definitely smells fishy here..

.

.

thanks