I was thinking of selling a classic truck and a buddy asked…

Customer Question
I was thinking of...

I was thinking of selling a classic truck and a buddy asked if he could buy it. After thinking about it I said no. Again he asked and said he'd give me 5k and if I wanted it back he would give it back. I still have the title and didn't sign anything over. I've tried for the past month to give him his 5k and let me get my truck. He has told me he won't give it back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

1971 c10 short box washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Police said it's a civil matter. So no

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I already know that. I thought I'd hear if I'm in the right to go after the truck. I still own it. Title is in my name.
You never sold it. It was effectively conditionally given. You have a right to reclaim it but cannot trespass on private property so if he won’t agree need to sue or pursue as discussed above.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Awaiting your reply, thank you!