My wife and I bought a time share financed by ASNY Company,

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I bought a time share financed by ASNY Company, LLC. My wife died last month, do I have any recource?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Navada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I sent her official death certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't afford it without her income

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I am very sorry for your loss, please accept my condolences. I know you are going through a lot and I will try and help.

.

Unfortunately, if you signed off as a buyer for the timeshare, then you would still be legally obligated to pay for it.

.

However, there are timeshare companies who guarantee to get rid of timeshares or you pay nothing. Timeshare Exit Team and LoneStar Transfer are two companies who get good ratings and have supporters like Sean Hannity and Dave Ramsey.

.

So you might want to contact one or both of them to see if there is anything that they could do to help you get out of the burden of the timeshare..

.

.

thanks

I know from trying to sell. Marketing firms are very interested for 1800.00 which the sale could take up to a year but I have to keep the payments current, which I cannot
You haven't told me anything so don't know. No phone call

Ok, then you are kind of stuck here with the only other options being to file bankruptcy to discharge your obligation for the debt, or to just ignore it and see if they actually tried to sue you over this..

.

If your only income is retirement or Social Security, it is exempt under federal law and if you don't have any other substantial assets with equity, you could be considered "judgment proof", where they could sue and get a judgment, but they wouldn't be able to collect on it..

.

.

thanks