I did not file a response to a supeona. California. Well…

Customer Question
I did not file...

I did not file a response to a supeona

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Well none. I was not aware that I need to do anything when I was served. Was told that I need to present myself in dec so I did nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We received a request for entry default. This is when we realized that we were to do something with in 30 days of receipt of the summons

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 5 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Please clarify:

1) Are you a party to the case? Or are not a party to the case, but are simply a third party being subpoaned?

2) Are you saying you missed the deadline the subpoena gave you? What did the subpoena specifically ask you to do?

3) What are you asking here, i.e. what do you wish to know?

I guess I need to read fully in order to respond to your questions. I might just prefer to receive s call.

You can request a call if you'd like. If you do, the site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts would receive the request as well, and the first available expert calls. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

Or if you prefer chatting online with me, we can do that as well.

Thank you for your response. If I could give you a call tomorrow?

The way it works is that you request a call, and an expert calls you. They normally call you quickly after you request a call, but then you can simply ask them to "call back tomorrow between __ and __ hours," and they will normally have no issue doing so.

Ok thank you. I think I will request call once I gather all my questions

No problem.

Tina, Lawyer