My ex girlfriend says i owe money after breaking up. Thought…

My ex girlfriend says...

My ex girlfriend says i owe money after breaking up. Thought we would be together forever. How can she prove i owe her money. She was holding my belongings until I signed a contract. She has since given most of my stuff back and I never signed anything

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alaska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. She is gonna try and put a lein on my truck and house monday

11/16/2017
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Ok

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Why does she claim you owe her money? Does she have anything in writing that says you agree?

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Phone call session started

Calling now

Here is a sample settlement agreement with release in case you decide it is better for you to settle:

https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/events/legal_assistance_military_personnel/ls_lamp_cle_mar15_settlement_agreement_and_mutual_release.authcheckdam.pdf

Thank you. Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald