Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My home is in foreclosure mode. Is there anything I can do

Customer Question
Second opinion] My home is...
Second opinion] My home is in foreclosure mode. Is there anything I can do to change the status and retain my home?JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?Customer: State is Florida and yes paperwork has been filed but not closed as yet.JA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: YesJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: There's been quite a few extenuating circumstances including the passing of my dear daughter which has left me in shambles.
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 25 days ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is there any chance you have the money to cure any default and reinstate the loan or is that not realistically possible?

.

Although it may only provide a delay...have you considered filing bankruptcy?

.

Do you have any equity in the home or is it worth less than is owed?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer