My home is in foreclosure mode. Is there anything I can do…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My home...

Second opinion] My home is in foreclosure mode. Is there anything I can do to change the status and retain my home?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

State is Florida and yes paperwork has been filed but not closed as yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There's been quite a few extenuating circumstances including the passing of my dear daughter which has left me in shambles.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is there any chance you have the money to cure any default and reinstate the loan or is that not realistically possible?

.

Although it may only provide a delay...have you considered filing bankruptcy?

.

Do you have any equity in the home or is it worth less than is owed?

.

.

thanks