Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a breach of contract against me that began according

Customer Question
to the paperwork 08/12/04 JA: What...
i have a breach of contract against me that began according to the paperwork 08/12/04
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I do not know who the original debt was with california
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this National Credit Acceptance and Sacor Financial have contacted my landlord in the past to sell my debt, I don't even know how much it is No
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 29 days ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please clarify:

1) When did the debt first begin (i.e. when did you fall behind)?

2) When was the last time a payment was made, or you confirmed in writing that you owed the debt?

3) What is the debt for?

4) What is your question here, i.e. what do you wish to know?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don’t know what the original debt was for, it was filed 2004

That's okay. Please answer as much of this as you can. Skip what you do not know.

) When was the last time a payment was made, or you confirmed in writing that you owed the debt?

3) What is the debt for?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ely I don’t know who the original debt was with so I can’t answer when debt first beganI have made no contact with the sacor or national Credit acceptance that I know of

That is fine. You can ignore that, then. Simply tell me: What is your question here, i.e. what do you wish to know?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How do I handle this against me, do I get a lawyer to take it off? Or filing bankrupt can do it

How much is the debt for?

Tina, Lawyer