I'm in the process of designing and building a professional…

Customer Question
Hello. I'm in...

Hello. I'm in the process of designing and building a professional services (consulting) firm focused on helping companies improve their ability to innovate. I'm identifying individuals who want to invest some "sweat equity" right now for the opportunity to have an equity stake in the business. I need to create some type of Agreement that not only protects me and my company, but helps them feel some security until we get up and running, making some good money. At that time, we could shift to a more structured Agreement since they'll be involved on a full-time basis. Right now, each of them is part-time with other things going on in their lives. Any input you could provide would be appreciated, thank you. *****: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

I'm in Las Vegas and a local attorney suggested contacting your office before I go any further. Their attorney's are very pricey . . . tough to do for a startup.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Oh yes, the LLC for Inovayshin, LLC was filed last year. We had our first client already, depositing payments into our company's bank account. We filed a tax return last year as well.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That about cover it, thank you Pearl.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for the reply. I need an Agreement that I can get my part-time team members to sign so my IP is protected while allowing them to feel a bit more comfortable while basically working for free until we begin making money and they're at a point where they're eventually vested for equity participation in the company.

Sure, bear with me a momment...