I was in a relationship with my partner for 29 yrs... She…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a relationship with my partner for 29 yrs. . . She was diagnosed with cancer . . We married as soon as it was legal in wisconsin . . She passed away 79 days after the wedding . . I've been denied benefits from 2 of her former employers and social security due to the "duration of marraige" being less than a year . . Can i fight this, and if i can who do i contact? Thanks for any advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Any advise?

There is no common law marriage in Wisconsin. That means that we need to review the policy.

Thanks for your answer . . Will not be needing any further advise.

We are a general information site. Pursuant to the terms of service for this site we cannot enter into an Attorney/Client relationship with the customers of the site. We can, hopefully, get the customer headed in the right direction.

"7. Information Not Advice; No Client-Professional Relationship
Answers of Experts on the Site are provided by Experts and are to be used by Customers for general information purposes only, not as a substitute for in-person evaluation or specific professional (medical, legal, veterinary, tax, financial, etc.) advice.For example, Experts in the Legal category will provide only general information about the law, and will not provide legal advice nor propose a specific course of action for a Customer. By answering questions, Experts do not intend to form, and do not form attorney-client or doctor-patient relationships with Users of the Site. The laws, regulations, other governing authorities, standards, practices and procedures that apply to your particular question may differ depending on your location and information typically discovered through in-person evaluations or visits. Experts in some categories may be licensed, certified, educated, employed by or have experience in only particular jurisdictions.

No professional-client relationships shall be formed on the Site.

Communications on this Site are not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communications on this Site are limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.

Before you can interact with an Expert, you will be required to agree to a Disclaimer reminding you of these and other important provisions of the Terms." http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

I apologize if there was any misunderstanding about the services the site offers.