I was wonder that can I buy a rebuilt title car fron Georgia…

Customer Question
Hi I was wonder...

Hi I was wonder that can I buy a rebuilt title car fron Georgia and register it in Alabama ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Alabama does permit the issuance of a rebuilt title and will issue a title and registration for such a car.

In Alabama a rebuilt car normally has to pass a rebuild inspection:

https://revenue.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/INV2615.pdf

You will still have to go through the Alabama process BUT it may be more streamlined if it has passed the Georgia inspection process.

Also see:

https://revenue.alabama.gov/motor-vehicle/faq/rebuilt-salvage-vehicles/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald