I put my name on a truck that belongs to my son's dad. He…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** put my name on a truck that belongs to my son's dad. He ran traffic tickets by running red lights and not paying the insurance on the truck for months. I owe DMV/MVA atleast $4000.00 or more in penalties.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland Baltimore City

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not yet. I would like to press charges against my son's dad (George Dennis) I need to turn the tags in but he is not returning them. I am getting fined nd there is interest now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. When you say "I put my name on a truck that belongs to my son's dad" - is it only in your name? Does he know it's in your name? Are you with him? Do you have access to the truck? Can you take the tags off the truck? Can you please elaborate....

Tina, Lawyer