I WANT TO PERSON PRESS CHARGESAGANIST THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR…

Customer Question
I WANT TO PERSON...

I WANT TO PERSON PRESS CHARGESAGANIST THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR WITH HARASSMENT SUBECT OTHER THE PHYSICAL CONTACT. PLUS THE BLOCK NEXT TO US HAVE SIDEWALKS, THIS BLOCK DOES NOT MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT TOWN CONTROL 6' FEET IN FROM THE CURB, CAN THEY TELL NOT TO WALK ON THE GRASS, AND MAKE YOU WALK IN THE STREET?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I HAVE SENT A COPY OF A LETTER THAT WAS SENT VIA MAIL IN TO 2015. TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT THAT WAS SENT TO THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR. THAT I WOULD PRESS LEGAL ACTION BUT IT STILL CONTAIONS TO THIS DATE. DO I GO TO THE DISTRICT JUDGE TO FILL IT?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

JUST WHAT WAS STATED AT THIS TIME.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

YUP

Great, thanks for your patience. One moment...

Thanks so much for your patience on this. So, I had a chance to look at your situation, but I'm not super sure what our specific question is. Could you give me some background to your situation so I can help?

I WILL GET BACK TO YOU, ON THE ROAD RIGHT NOW.

ok.

please review file, and go from their.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. One of the things that I would consider is a restraining order from the courts. You could argue that this woman calling the fire department and PD has caused you such grief that you are afraid that this woman is going to try to seriously hurt you or put you behind bars unlawfully.

As far as your legal causes of action, you may want to consider nuisance which is an unreasonable interference with the use and enjoyment of your land. It also sounds like they may be liable for assault and battery as well. These are all actionable in small claims court.

What other questions did you have for me?

the prothonotary office told me that the state of PA does not recognize a request for a petition for restraining orders. what next?
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago

I'm sorry that they told you that. Sometimes, the officers are inaccurate regarding the law, particularly in civil matters. If you click here, you can see an article regarding restraining orders, the process, and the law regarding it.

this is not a pfa Anyone who is being abused by:
A spouse or former spouse
A current or former sexual or intimate partner
A parent or child
A person related by blood or marriagethey are my neighbors.

This is extremely odd. In my state, you can file civil harassment restraining orders against non-family members. I have seen bar owners file these against people who are harassing them and I've filed them for clients personally. In my review, I don't see anything that the PA courts publicly file against people who are not related to you against which you need to file a restraining order. Have you gone down to the courthouse to find out whether the courts have any form for non-family members at all?

the prothonotary office at the court house told me that the state of PA does not recognize a request for a petition for restraining orders, for nonfamily members.
I'm very sorry about that. That is a highly unusual thing. As I mentioned before, you may want to consider filing a small claims lawsuit against them for nuisance if there is no available restraining order against non family members in your state. I have a feeling that it can't possibly be true, but I made just have to admit that I'm wrong in this case. One tactic that you can take is filing a lawsuit and then making a motion for a temporary restraining order to keep your neighbors from coming onto the land. Even if there is no outright ability for you to file a restraining order, you may be able to file a restraining order through a motion, but it has to be connected to a lawsuit.