I need to know what the phrase "I hereby request that my…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know what the phrase "I hereby request that my executor serve without bond in an unsupervised administration" means. My siblings and I are concerned because one brother has already coerced (lied & deceived) our mother into changing the originally appointed executor AND POA to himself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Minnesota. The will has been filed there.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Her will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I set up a new account?? I can't remember my password (from a time before) and nothing shows up in my e-mail program (or in spam) to change it--

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 8 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Bond is like an insurance policy, provided by a bond company. The probate court generally sets the amount of the bond as a condition to receiving letters testamentary / letters of administration, but the testator, in a will, can request that someone serve without bond and the court usually grants such a request. The bond is there so that if the executor takes off with the money or otherwise does something to disadvantage the beneficiaries, the bond can be sought for repayment.

"Unsupervised administration" means that the executor doesn't have to go back to the court to sell of property, make distributions, etc... Otherwise the executor would have to get court permission to do major things in the estate like that. Any "change" to the estate or property of the estate would need court approval. It removes a lot of the hassles and makes probate happen quicker (as you don't have to set hearings, give notices, etc... that you would otherwise have to do in a supervised probate).

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Please note that I am still waiting for your response or rating...