What does "I hereby request that my executor SERVE WITHOUT…

Customer Question
What does "I hereby...

What does "I hereby request that my executor SERVE WITHOUT BOND IN AN UNSUPERVISED ADMINISTRATION mean? Our family is very concerned since one brother coerced (aka lied and deceived) our mother to change executor and POA to himself...

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Minnesota. That statement is in her (3rd) will.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Her will.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so....thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

"Without bond" means the estate does not to pay money to post a bond for the actions of the executor.
However-the Judge can require a bond in any case regardless of what the will requires.

The bond is basically an insurance policy to cover the administrator's malfeasance.

If you have objections to his appointment without bond then you can request a hearing before the court to express those objections and ask the court to either deny the appointment or allow it with the posting of a bond.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!