I have a credit card debt and received a summons. I live in…

Customer Question
I have a credit...

I have a credit card debt and received a summons. I live in Randolph Co North Carolina. I have been working with National Debt Relief. They are working to negotiate some terms and a payment plan. I recieved a summons and i need to answer it. Do I just answer True or False to each statement and do I need to put in there that I am working with National Debt relief and also a copy of the power of attorney. At this time do i need to say why I had to do this because of family sickness and loss of wages?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

North Carolina, They have filed a civil summons stating that i owe the balance and all the fees on the card and are seeking payment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The lawyers office? National debt relief is talking with them trying to work out a payment plan but I have to respond to the summoms in NC because there has been no agreement yet and i have to respond by Dec 1

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 5 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. Did this company say they would provide legal representation to you? Have you informed them about the lawsuit?
National Debt Relief does not offer legal advice but has a legal team. They only negotiate the terms and present that to the lawyer and my situation. And yes they are informed of the lawsuit. They have a copy of the summons.
hello
Thank you and please allow me a moment to respond.
When responding to a complaint a defendants needs to either admit to the allegations, deny them or state they are without knowledge. Moreover, they can raise any legal defenses which they may have, to show and support why the debt is not owed. What you shared above are not defenses nor prevents them from proceeding and getting a judgment. What you can also do is ask that this be sent to mediation so you can try and resolve this. Seeing how you hired this company and you are now being sued, you speak with them and question what they are doing since if they can not settle this and there is a pending lawsuit they are not doing what you hired them for

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney