What are the rules in AZ when a couple has agreed to divorce…

Customer Question
What are the rules in...
What are the rules in AZ when a couple has agreed to divorce but they don't want to wait until the long process is complete to start moving on in life in dating others? Is it legal? Are you allowed to see others without repercussion? IF there are what are they penalties?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Has anybody filed for divorce in this scenario - I see only that the couple "has agreed to divorce"... I suppose if they want to avoid the other side having an adultery claim they can draw up an agreement stating that no adultery claims may be brought following separation and/or during the pendency of the divorce. In reality it doesn't much matter. Whether there is adultery or not, someone can get divorced for no reason or for a reason; that's why 'irreconcilable differences' exists in most states and Arizona is one of those states (a "no fault" state). There are no real repercussions as to whether a divorce will be granted (although perhaps alimony can be impacted if one person is committing adultery - although even that is not guaranteed). I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

I will be logging off now but if you have any questions I shall be back on tomorrow morning.

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hi. I wanted to check back in with you to see if you had all the information you needed!