I owe unemployment from 2010 for overpayment of my fault I…

Customer Question
I owe unemployment from...

I owe unemployment from 2010 for overpayment of my fault I filed a chapter 7 in 2012 The debt was included & discharged

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

IL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed in civil court? If so, what?

No Nothing in civil court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I now need my unemployment As i am laid off They are holding 100% of my benefits for recoupment Is there anything i can do?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file Motion to Reopen your bankruptcy case and file complaint against the State for Willful violation of the Discharge Injunction. The debts were discharged and the state should not be withholding your future benefits to pay for the discharged debt.

You may seek the assistance of legal services in your area in filing the Complaint in Bankruptcy Court.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.