If i had something stole from me thats cost $250 a few years…

Customer Question
if i had something stole...
if i had something stole from me thats cost $250 a few years ago, i have the recepit the item was in excellent condition when it was stolen, i have found the person that stole the item l, an they no longer have the item to give back, should i be replaced for price I paid or sould it be replced with one for todays equevent value
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The item should be replaced with one of a comparable value as of the date that the item was stolen. Items lose value the instant they leave the store and are used. So if you had the item for a little while before it was stolen, the if would be worth something less then $250... How much less would depend on what it was and how long you had it before it was stolen.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much