Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My father in law has oil wells on his and the company that

Customer Question
was handling oil his lease...
my father in law has oil wells on his and the company that was handling oil his lease expired and he made over $ 10,000000.00 dollars on our oil ,when his lease was expired. we hired an attorney and he's charging for everything up front and now he's telling us that the material witness that would help us win the case is $ 55,000. I feel as though we are being railroaded.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes we are in court but it does not loo kfavorable like
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: excuse my last sentence but it doesn't look good but his lease was expired and he broke several rules on the lease ..
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
11/16/2017
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. What type of expert is being hired? I've seen doctor experts in medical cases only charge $7000 so this does seem excessive.

I practice in Texas as well so I'm very curious as to this case.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer