I have a felony in in ventura ca. It was over twenty years…

Customer Question
I have a felony...

I have a felony in in ventura ca. It was over twenty years ago.I want to apply for my American citizen rights back. How do I do so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges have been filed.I have a clean record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this yet?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

A person can reregister to vote once probation is over:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/who-can-vote-california/voting-rights-californians/

If convicted of a felony the governor can be petitioned to restore gun rights; alternatively if a felon served and completed probation they can petition the court under penal code 17b to have the felony reduced to a misdemeanor.

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/prohibcatmisd.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: