Took our pet to a vet ER Hospital, dear pet passed away and…

Customer Question
Took our pet to...

Took our pet to a vet ER Hospital, dear pet passed away and the way the ER Hospital handled same was in traumatic fashion for my husband and I. If I wanted to complain or file a lawsuit for this, who could I contact?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California. As well happened on a Thanksgiving which makes it once again extremely difficult with Thanksgiving around the corner again....

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We met with the Cardiologist to complain within that week of our pet's passing. She was not present or on duty during 2 am of the passing of our pet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. And thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 7 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I am a pet lover myself, and had the unfortunate experience to be in a couple hospitals around midnight with my pet (including one where we lost our 5 year old Scottish Terrier to sago palm poisoning). I understand the pain that you're going through, and I know that dealing with the hospital certainly doesn't help.

To be clear, are you asking about complaining about negligence on their part, or their attitude towards your situation (that it was not handled compassionately enough, etc...?)