My son just did 23yrs for a felony murder, and was release…

Customer Question
My son just did...

My son just did 23yrs for a felony murder, and was release in may this year,well he got 2yrs on parole.he just got a owi and is in jail.what is he facing

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Indiana.he was waiting on several trains at a railroad track and doze off he measured.10

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Trying to find one he goes to court friday morning,and i need to know how he should plead the lawyer haven't return my call

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He got to go up against the parol board

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

If he owes two more years to parole, then he can be made to serve the two years in prison because of the violation. That is, of course, his worst case scenario, as he cannot be made to serve more for the violation than the time that he has left.

Can it be less? Yes, at the discretion of the Parole board, which is why a lawyer who deals with Parole revocation hearings may be helpful t your son when he comes before the board.

If he can't find a lawyer in time for his court date, he can plead not guilty and let the judge know that his family is trying to come up with legal counsel for him and ask for a continuance so that he can be advised by an attorney. The plea of not guilty is the only plea that keeps all of a defendant's rights and choices open to him.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.