I’m 83 and I broke my leg now I have metal in my leg. What…

Customer Question
I’m 83 and I...

I’m 83 and I broke my leg now I have metal in my leg. What do I have to have before going through customs?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia, and I’m going to fly to Germany in April for ariver cruse

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No don’t know what to do

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

There isn't anything in particular that you need to do as the scanner will pick up on any metal objects and will show that they are in your leg. If you fly regularly, the TSA has a pre-check membership that you can get that allows you to get through the airport much quicker without removing shoes, belts, etc. before going through the scanners.

.

I might also consider getting a letter from your doctor if you are able to that states you have the metal in your leg..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much