Who do I go to in Carson City, NV for a legal separation? No…

Customer Question
Who do I go...

Who do I go to in Carson City, NV for a legal separation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in NV family court?

No I am doing this because I am moving back to Illinois and he wants me to trust that he will take care of me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No. He is seeing an attorney on another matter today but I don't know if he would handle it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will this cost me online first of all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

ANSWER: Essentially you would file the same way as you would a divorce. You, the plaintiff, would file a complaint. After the plaintiff files a complaint, the defendant has 20 days to answer. If he or she does not answer, the court automatically grants the separation. If there is an answer, a hearing will be scheduled for a judgment concerning custody, assets, support and debts. http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/nevada/nevada-legal-separation-5329.shtml I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions. What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but dont see a question.

This is a website that prepares Nevada separation agreements: http://www.3stepagreement.com/statepages/nevada.shtml

* We can't specifically recommend one company over another but I wanted you to at least have something to go on.

Hi. Do you have all the information you needed?