You helped me with some contract law for my daughter Mikayla…

Customer Question
Hi - you helped me...
Hi - you helped me with some contract law for my daughter Mikayla Martinson since she was terminated. We now have a copy of her personnel file. In the documentation from HR, there is paperwork on a complaint from a co-worker on Mikayla and 2 other CNAs. The other 2 CNAs information should not be included in Mikayla's file. Confidentiality issue. AND, what if Mikayla's name is ***** ***** files. Shouldn't this have been blackened out. Isn't this a violation of their rights? I am attaching the information she received from HR. There are certainly a lot of things in there that Mikayla did not get to respond to. After all the "he said, she said", she was never given education on the dietary software, etc.... As far as entering the nurse's name, Mikayla has text messages stating that the other CNA's were not educated either.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Thanks so much for your patience and thank you for requesting me. So, there's a couple of things that we should unpack:

1. Confidentiality - Unfortunately, people don't generally have a right to have their names blacked out if they're being referenced in someone else's employment file. Oftentimes, it's necessary to have their information so that way investigations can be completed thoroughly.

2. Like I mentioned before, it's possible that this may be a violation of the good faith and fair dealing principle that is outlined in every agreement, including employment agreements. Under the Uniform Commercial Code Section 1-304, every contract comes with implied promises from both parties that they are going to be acting fairly toward one another. The failure of one party to act fairly toward other can result in a breach of contract. Accordingly, she could potentially turn the tables on the hospital as a result.

There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because they have some state-specific breach of contract forms that you can use as well. Click here to choose your state started.

Did you have any other questions for me?

What do you mean by "turn the tables on the hospital"?

I mean that she may be able to sue for a breach of contract since she has a possible case that they didn't provide her the training that could have helped her save her job.

Greetings. I am trying to access the link you referred me to for the state-specific breach of contract forms. The link seems to be "broken". Would you please send that again?
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

So strange! What state is this again? Michigan, correct?

34;This website is also pretty cool because they have some state-specific breach of contract forms that you can use as well. Click here to choose your state started."

I actually have a copy. Here you go.

that worked. However, the letter refers to taking the defendant to court for civil case if not rectified for an amount of money. Yes, she would like back wages but moreso would like her job back or a similar job in that organization and the termination taken off her record. Do I just list that as what she wants?

You got it. You can edit that template to say whatever you want:-)