Im a renter I been 2 weeks without water my landlord don't…

Customer Question
Im a renter I...

Im a renter I been 2 weeks without water my landlord don't want to fix plumbing told me if I don't like it to move can I pay to fix it save recepts an take it off rent

Lawyer's Assistant: You can discuss that with the Lawyer or ask for a different Lawyer.

How

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Kimbolton ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No don't know how to go about it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that. 2 weeks is too long!

Every lease has an implied warranty of habilitability, and an implied warranty of quiet use and enjoyment.

Under the "implied warranty of habitability," the landlord is legally responsible for repairing conditions that seriously affect the rental unit's habitability; the landlord must repair substantial defects in the unit and ensure compliance with state and local building and health codes. The idea is that it is a safe living environment. However, the landlord is not responsible under the implied warranty of habitability for repairing damages that were caused by the tenant or the tenant's family, guests, or pets.
The implied covenant of quiet use and enjoyment means that the tenant is entitled to the peaceful use of the premises.

These are implied in every lease and cannot be waived.
Violation of these covenants/warranties constitute "constructive eviction"

Running water is included as an item the landlord must ensure or they are in violation of the warranty; please see:

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawFactsPamphlets/Pages/LawFactsPamphlet-11.aspx

Here is the statute:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/5321.07

That details the tenant's rights/options which includes:
1. paying rent to the court clerk

2. get an injunction from the court for the landlord to remedy the defect

3. terminate the agreement.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer