I had a floor installed that was done improper, I have been…

Customer Question
I had a floor...

I had a floor installed that was done improper, I have been trying to get it corrected since April 2017 but I am getting the run around. What am I to do about this.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in North Carolina no one is helping me with this

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes many time. They have promise to correct the problem and set up dates to do so but the haven't showed up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They was suppose to come out yesterday don't show up or call

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

the statute of limitations (the time frame in which to file a suit) for breach of contract is 3 years;

For breach of a contract, there is a material breach (goes to the very heart of the matter) and an immaterial breach (money damages will help compensate the plaintiff).

In cases of material breach, the party not in breach may revoke their acceptance, so goods/payment are returned.

For immaterial breach, the plaintiff is compensated by the defendant paying for the damages (ie cost of repair).

If the party fails to repair the issue, the customer may sue for damages. The court prefers it if the customer first sends a demand letter so the issue is documented. It also helps to have third party professional estimates as to the cost to rectify the situation.

Sample demand letter:

[Your address]
[Your city, state, zip code]

[Today’s date]

[Name of contact person (if available)]
[Title (if available)]
[Company name]
[Consumer Complaint Division (if there is no contact person)]
[Street address]
[City, state, zip code]

Re: [Account number or other reference to your complaint]

Dear [Contact Person]:

This letter is to [notify you {or} follow up on our conversation of {date}] about a problem I am having with the [name of product or service performed] that I [bought, leased, rented or had repaired] at your [name of location] location on [date].

I am dissatisfied with your [service or product] because [describe problem]. I have already attempted to resolve this problem by [describe attempts and actions taken]. I have enclosed copies of my records. [Include copies of receipts, canceled checks, contracts, and other relevant documents]

Unfortunately, the problem remains unresolved. I am hereby requesting that you: [List specific actions you want (such as: refund, exchange or repair the item)]

1)

2)

3)

Please contact me within [number of days] days to confirm that you will honor my request.
Thank you for your anticipated assistance in resolving my problem. Please contact me at [telephone number and/or e-mail address] if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

[Your signature]

[Your name]

Enclosure(s): [List attached document copies]

cc: [Name(s) of anyone to whom you are sending a copy of this letter]

The appropriate venue for claims under $10,000 is small claims:

https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/legal-information/suing-someone-10000-or-less

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer