Perarl, GA. I have a question in regards to an accident

Customer Question
GA Lawyer's Assistant: What...

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have a question in regards ***** ***** accident happened in india 5 years back. I would like to share a draft which I got from a lawyer back in india which will give you a clear idea What I am talking about

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On what basis is ur price charged?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We can provide general information to customers, but none of the attorneys on this site are Indian lawyers, but we can give general information based on Indian laws.

Below is the draft I got from a lawyer in India. I need to know if this is possible at all. It would be better we could talk on phone.I am G.Srilatha and the sister of your employee Srikanth Gaddipati employee . He working with your organization during the period of -------. While he was working with your organization on leave he went to India in the year 2012 to attend my marriage function. After completion of the marriage function while he was coming back from India for attending the duties on 6.3.2012 he meat with car accident and sustained serious injuries died on the spot. We are two children’s to our parents. Now my parents are aged about 60 years. My parents filed a claim petition before the District Court ,, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA, claiming compensation against the National Insurance Company Limited. The said case is pending in -------- before the Hon’ble 1st Additional District Judge, Kurnool. The enquiry in the said case is in progress. My mother examined as 1st witness. Earlier on my request you had given the earning particulars of my brother Srikanth Gaddipati. The said document was exhibited before the Hon’ble 1st Additional District Judge, Kurnool in -------. As per the Indian Evidence Act simple exhibiting the document is not sufficient and it should be proved by examining the competent person. Since the competent person is at U.S.A it is not possible to him to appear before the the Hon’ble 1st Additional District Judge, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA, in alternative way the the Hon’ble Court is going to accept the evidence by VIDEO Conference. Before that my parents has to take the necessary permission from the Hon’ble court. Before taking the permission my parents has to furnish the details whom they are going to examine . Under these circumstance it is most necessary to give the particulars of the individual who is going to be give evidence by VIDEO conference date and time. In India the Courts will work from 10.30 AM to 2.00 PM & 2.30 PM to 5.00 PM in local time. It is most convenient to the court to take the evidence from 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM on the working days. The courts will work in India from Monday to Friday.
I beg to submit that the entire case of my parents is depending on the evidence to be given by the competent authority from the company. By adducing the evidence of the company people my parents will get compensation from the insurance company. In the old age they already suffering with the mental trauma since they lost their only son in the road accident. Due to the sudden demise of my brother , my parents are unable to do any work and they are living on the meager income. Unless they get compensation from the court even their livelihood at cross road. Under these circumstance please do needful to my parents by giving evidence by way of VIDEO conference and unable them to get the compensation for the sudden death of my brother Srikanth Gaddipati. It is also pertinent note the case is pending before the court since 2012 as my innocent parents are unable to contact the proper person for this job. Under these circumstance my request may consider expeditiously, since the matter before the court is very old.
Excepting a early reply.

So all they are asking for you to do is agree to appear in a video conference to testify under oath to he earnings of your former employee. As you are not named in the suit and not a defendant, there is no reason you cannot testify over video to this person's earnings. However, legally, if you refuse to do so, there is nothing they can legally do to you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Can you please call me.

Thank you for your reply.

We can only call once payment has been approved for the phone call. Please check with your credit card company to get payment authorized as they rejected your payment.

I already have notified the bank saying its not fraud. Can you try to charge the amount again on my card?

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot do that because experts are not employees of this site, we are users like you. Please contact customer service and they can work to fix it for you. Or we can just continue right here for your original fee without additional fees for phone service. Your choice.

Ok Let me explain you what went wrong in the conversation. In the draft the person Srikanth Gaddipati is my brother. We lost him in the accident which happened 5 years back in India while he visited india for my marriage. The accident was due to fault in the rear tire of the car my dad was driving. My mom, dad and brother were there in the car when it happened. The case referred in the draft was a case against the insurance company. We already got employment confirmation letter from the company for which my brother used to work for. But the lawyer who is working on the case says that just the letter is not sufficient we have to ask for a video conference call from the company he worked for. In such scenarios how do we approach the company in USA for a video conference call?

Thank you for your reply.

He is RIGHT a letter is considered hearsay, both in India as well as in the US. So you need to call HR at the company and you need to explain you would like one of them to testify over video to the information they already provided being true and correct.

Most companies will have their HR person testify to state that the information they sent in writing was truthful and correct and part of their business records normally kept in business. It is usually a very short video conference, but one required under Indian law.