I'm asking in behalf of my son, he was denied a speedy

Customer Question
Good morning I'm asking...

Good morning I'm asking in behalf of my son, he was denied a speedy trial, a change of attorney and a change of judge, the judge in question and my son have a negative history yet at the same time in court has called him intelligent and now wants him to have a psych evaluation I dont have the money to hire an attorney for him can you help or lead me in the right direction

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He is currently incarcerated in kings county jail hanford california

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I have not your the first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No those are my concerns

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation. Does he currently have either a private attorney or a public defender representing him?

Also, has he already received a conviction in his case? Or is he incarcerated because he hasn't posted bail and his case is still pending?

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 5 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

Tina, Lawyer