Was called by boston police tonight Said i was texting a…

Customer Question
Hi was called...

Hi was called by boston police tonight Said i was texting a minor

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Ma

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No Officer told me to call a number The parent who wanted to speek to me And hope the parent doesnt turn ovet the device

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I only contacted through craigs list I have no idea who it could be

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

1) Be very careful with this. Before you do anything make sure that you were in fact contacted by law enforcement. The officer should have given you his name and badge number - at the very least his name. Contact the main number for the Boston police and verify that the office works there. Then ask to be transferred to the officer. Tell the Officer that you want to verify that he contacted you.

The reason for all of the above is that there are a number of scam artists that are conning men into contacting a woman. They promote texting of a sexual nature and promote the trading of suggestive photos. Then they spring into action claiming the girl is under age and demand payment not to press charges.

2) If the police did in fact contact you then you want to contact a local criminal defense attorney. Do not talk anymore to the police. Have them talk to your attorney.

3) If you were not contacted by the police block the calls and texts from these numbers.

4) Do NOT pay money to anyone to "make this go away." If you make a payment they will keep coming after you for more.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Just to be clear. Do not call any number other than the official Boston Police number (not 911):

https://www.bostoncentral.com/towns/boston/quickinfo.php