Our 13 year old daughter is involved in a interference case…

Customer Question
Our 13 year old...

Our 13 year old daughter is involved in a sexual interference case against her grandfather. She has admitted that what she said to the police was made up and that she was mad about her phone being taken away. Her biological mother has written a statement to the police to say it was made up and to have the case dropped. Myself as her step father also wrote a statement. Our daughter then also recorded a statement saying the same thing and that she wants the case dropped. After all that the cops were called and told to pull our daughter out of school and to sit in the principals office and have to involve the concealer and Vice Principal with no permission of her family or being told her legal rights. I would like to know how at this point we can make a case against the police to stop harassing our 13 year old daughter who is simply trying to move on after a mistake that she admitted to making already to the court and the police. Can anything be done here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

The arrest of the grandfather and accusation took place in Burnaby BC. We since then have moved to Kirkland and thats where she goes to school. The Kirkland police are the ones who showed up to her school after they stated they were called from the Canadian officer on the case

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Grandfather was arrested on the spot in Burnaby because the cops were called after hearing crying and yelling. This was admitted to by our daughter since she was so upset about her phone being taken away after we found out she was sneaking out of the house at night. He was then released on $500 bail and sent immediately back to Dallas where he lives in our house with my mother where they both take care of my sisters granddaughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know the rights of police and if they are even allowed in a different country to walk into my daughters school with out her parent permission and start questioning her. And not staying her rights and treating her like she is the one on trial. I want the police to stop or be used for harassment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I M having trouble understanding where the alleged Police misconduct took place: here in the United States of America or Canada.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.