In the state of Fla what is required on a CD beneficiary…

Customer Question
In the state of...

In the state of Fla what is required on a CD beneficiary change. are just names enough

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I was paid 100k on my fathers CD bank stopped check, pd my brothers kids after he showed up w document,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is just names no Address SSNo. or DOB enough

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/15/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Typically, banks have their own requirements and formas for changing the beneficiary of a POD CD. If the owner is still alive then changing the beneficiary before the CD matures could require closing the account and paying a penalty.

Otherwise, it is simply a matter of signing the beneficiary change provided by the bank and presenting it to the bank.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

OK

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Are you still online with me?