I recently got hired on as a full time employee and I

Customer Question
Hello, I recently got...

Hello, I recently got hired on as a full time employee and I haven't been given or offered any benefits such as medical

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I talked to my boss about this and he either doesn't want to, or can afford it. I want to know whether or not it's legal to not give full time employees benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Nope

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The answer is yes, it is. Benefits are not a right, but a privilege. Unless your contract specifically specifies that you will get benefits, the employer does not have to provide them.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.