I was sexually assaulted when I was 16, in the state of AZ…

Customer Question
I was sexually assaulted...

I was sexually assaulted when I was 16, in the state of AZ 10 years ago. It might be on camera. and their was a witness present.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have assault charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

They have not.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to an AZ lawyer about this yet?

No. I was young, I told my district manager and they fired my manager. That was all I did. However 10 years later and it still bothers me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about what happened.

Civil sexual abuse cases must be filed within (a) two years of the act, or, (b) within two years of the victim’s 18th birthday.

Criminally speaking, the charges must be filed at the most seven years later if you knew who the perpetrator was.

As such, I am afraid that it may be too late to pursue this in the legal system. I am so sorry.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.