My friend and I visited Smyrna, Georgia last week. She was…

Customer Question
Hello. My friend and...

Hello. My friend and I visited Smyrna, Georgia last week. She was arrested for possession of 0.35 (less than 1 oz) of marijuana for personal use. I bonded her out on $946 USD. Her court date is January 22nd and she plans to plead guilty. Is jail time the norm in this situation? We live in Toronto so she had no idea the law was so stringent in Smyrna. She just wants to plead guilty and pay any required fine. Is this wise? And will she get the bond back?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Smyrna, Georgia on November 4, 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it. First offence, never been in trouble before

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient while I type you a reply.