My business partners husband plays poker professionally.

Customer Question
This past weekend he was...
My business partners husband plays poker professionally. This past weekend he was in the casino that he normally frequents (has for many years), and got upset with a Roulette dealer. He then went back to the poker room where he played for for another 8 hours or so. A few days later he went back to the casino and was told that he was banned. The roulette dealer had filed a complaint that he had threatened her life, which nothing of the sort happened. The casino banned him for one year with no option to appeal. They stated that he can write a letter with his side of the story for review but it was unlikely that anyone would even read it. Is there anything that can be done legally to appeal this as this is untrue and has never had any issues what so ever in all of the years that he has been there.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Thanks so much for requesting me. Generally, unfortunately, parties don't have much recourse when it comes to getting back into a casino. A casino is not allowed to discriminate against people on the basis of their race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Casinos are required to discriminate on the basis of age, but only in that people who are over a certain age may be allowed to gamble. Unless your friend can appeal on th grounds that he was expelled on one of those reasons, he nay not have a chance to get back in. I have to take a short break, but if you have other questions, let me know,.