Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Which State division oversees title insurance companies and

Customer Question
what is a contact address...
Which State division oversees title insurance companies and what is a contact address for filing a complaint against a title insurer.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My corporation is has its principal place of business in Nevada; however it is qualified to do business in California and the complaint arises from insured property located in California and a California transaction.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is strictly a title insurance matter. My company was insured as the owner of a parcel. As subsequently determined, not all of the property within the legal description is actually owned by my company.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I have set forth the essentials in the emails.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 29 days ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I can provide the link for the State regulatory agency. You can also file a consumer protection complaint with the State Attorney General. The Attorney General is the top law enforcement official in the State and is tasked with investigating these matters. At the Federal level you would contact the FTC. One moment while I put together the links for you.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I just need the state regulatory agency. In some states title insurance is regulated by the real estate division. In others, by the insurance division.
Thank you. This is the link for the regulatory agency for title/escrow companies. http://www.dbo.ca.gov
This link sets out the governing law including the contact information for the link I provided https://www.insurance.ca.gov/01-consumers/105-type/95-guides/03-res/Title-Insurance.cfm
Thank you for using JA. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit from the site I would appreciate it.
Do you have any additional questions for me?
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 28 days ago

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 27 days ago

Are you still online with me?

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney