My commercial music studio was flooded by a toilet and

Customer Question
My commercial music studio...

My commercial music studio was flooded by a toilet and operations were disrupted for one month during remediation, do I have the right to claim lost wages and property damage?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only to my Ins. Co.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm on a month to month lease.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Commercial leases in Arizona are far less regulated, than residential leases. Therefore, the controlling document is your lease agreement. It is very likely that the lease agreement limits the landlord's liability for damages, casualty, and other issues with the rental premises to the monthly rent. You should refer to the lease for any limitation of liability.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.