Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm in the process of buying a home. I asked the mortagage

hi I'm in the process...
hi I'm in the process of buying a home. I asked the mortagage company I started the process with not to move forward with with my loan application on 10/31/17. they charged my credit card for an appraisal that day. I've been attempting to have them transfer the appraisal to another lender but I'm getting the runaround and lots of excuses. My closing date is quickly approaching which means I have to pay for another appraisal. I've been trying for a week and have spoken with four reps with the no results. Is there something I can do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/14/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you paid for the appraisal, you are entitled to a copy. If they refuse to provide it, your next step is to pay for another one to get the sale done AND THEN suing the first company in small claims court for the cost of the appraisal since they charged you for something they refused to provide you and the court will force them to refund your money.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney