Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I'm looking into getting a cease and desist letter for liber

Greetings, I'm looking into getting...
Greetings, I'm looking into getting a cease and desist letter for liber and or slander from a lawyer
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. We can't serve as your legal counsel (meaning we can't write a letter as your attorney) but I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Do I need a lawyer to write the letter?

You could write a letter by yourself but to be honest it won't be as effective as one written by an attorney (not b/c you can't write it as well but because it's more likely to be taken seriously if an attorney is involved).

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
do I look for a lawyer in TX to do this?what type of lawyer or law firm?

I would go to martindale.com and search for a general litigation attorney.

Ask if they offer what's called "unbundled services" which are basically piece-meal services like drafting of a letter.

That way you can save a little bit of money...

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thanks a lot for the information, this is very useful

It's my pleasure :)

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

If you need anything in the future please reach out. You can always reach me directly by putting QUESTION FOR OLIVIA before your question and it'll be routed to me!

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney