I need help finding a pro bono lawyer in San ca for civil…

Customer Question
I need help finding...

I need help finding a pro bono lawyer in San Jose ca for civil claims case

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have been served last week. Regarding a car accident that I was not in. My name was only on the title of the car that was involved. My case date is November 28

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t have money :(

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Is there an insurane polciy that covers the car?

but it was not under my name. It is under the drivers name. I have been trying to contact someone from that company with no luck so far.

You are probably covered by the driver's policy, although you are legally supposed to also have your own policy as the owner.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local insurance attorneys listed here. I suggest having a local attorney read the driver's policy to see if it covers you or not.

There are free and low cost attorneys listed here.

I hope this information is helpful.