If you hire a moving and packing company to pack up all of…

If you hire a...

If you hire a moving and packing company to pack up all of your personal belongings, pack it away into a Pod you have on site. The pod never left the site, but when you go to unpack your belongings (this company did not come back to unpack), you find that there is some missing items (about 10 or so), are they libel for any of the missing items?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

We are in Sarasota, Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

There was no pictures or other supporting evidence to this. As a question, what were we suppose to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does she need to know what the items were?

11/14/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.Company is liable for losses incurred.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
INFOLAWYER, Attorney