My brother is a patient at Trinity Mother Francis and I have…

Customer Question
My brother is a...

My brother is a patient at Trinity Mother Francis and I have Durable Power o Attorney.The care is poor and as his legal representative i requested a transfer to another hospital ASAP .The hospital has denied access to my brother as they keep him in the hospital for monetary purposes They have violated Hifaa laws by recording my conversation with the physician and hospital staff.Administrator and case management refuses to meet with me to discuss concerns related to poor nursing care and as, od noevember 9,2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Can no longer visit my brother .My brother is totally incapacitated and unable to express needs. I live in Tyler ,Texas . I attempted to contact local NAACP and no answers the phone.They have literally kidnapped him because I refused to place him in a nursing home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i filed a complaint with the department of health and human services on yesterday.I explained the urgency.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was banned from facility and I have Durable power of attorney This was initiated by administrator after I requested a transfer to a neighboring hospital.I had the local police department do a welfare check on him on nov.9,2017.They are also recording ny conversations when I call and this is a violation of federal laws relating to privacy.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?