I just found out of a warrant for failure to pay court fines…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out of a warrant for failure to pay court fines from 2012. Warrant is in Ohio I live in Virginia. how do I proceed

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Ohio and issued 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I just found out today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

How was this discovered? Do you recall owing them?

Background check new job, they were issued after I moved out of Ohio ...... I moved March 2011, it was filed December 2012. I was never billed for court.

Thank you for the reply. In a situation like this, you can contact the clerk today and see if this can be resolved by paying the fines and see if that would allow the warrant to be lifted and vacated and this to be closed out. If not, you would need to motion the court or have an attorney motion the court and ask that it be lifted/vacated, so you can pay this. The court just wants their money and if you are able and willing to pay, they should be willing to work with you. If you live out of State, you can see if an attorney can appear on your behalf to handle this and get the warrant lifted, so you can just pay it and close this out.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!