Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
I need an Ohio Lawyer, my fiance' owns a tour bus business,
Sam, Attorney
I need an Ohio Lawyer, my fiance' owns a tour bus business, and he leases a place to store his buses. In the tour bus business, they know the other drivers. A particular driver asked to store his bus … read more
I am currently 3 months away from finishing my probation for
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
I am currently 3 months away from finishing my probation for a drug case in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Today I found out that I have 2 open cases in the City of Cleveland for a traffic incident from 10/15… read more
I went through a divorce in Arizona. The court ordered me
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
I went through a divorce in Arizona. The court ordered me to pay my wife's attorney's fees. I didn't have the money so I didn't pay. The court set a contempt hearing in September 2011. By that time I … read more
I called the courthouse to see about paying a fine I thought
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
I called the courthouse to see about paying a fine I thought I had, but found that I had actually missed a court date and now need to turn myself in. I want to do this but am worried that since it is … read more
I need to determine whether the court that has issued a warrant
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
I need to determine whether the court that has issued a warrant in debt (civil claim) can claim personal jurisdiction over me. When the Note was signed, I was a resident of Washington, DC, worked in M… read more
How do I find out more information about a case concerning
RobertJDFL, Attorney
How do I find out more information about a case concerning a real estate salesperson that in 2006 had an arrest offense called "failure to file annual registration" in the state of Ohio. I think there… read more
Ive have received a demand for payment for a 4 1/2 year old
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
I've have received a demand for payment for a 4 1/2 year old speeding ticket I received. I've paid the ticket but never new about a "failure to appear". I have never been notified of this until I hear… read more
I live in Texas and just found out I have a warrant in Columbus,
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
I live in Texas and just found out I have a warrant in Columbus, Ohio from 2006 for a $119 fine. They say I cannot pay it without appearing. Can I get a lawyer (low cost) to do it?… read more
I got a misdeameanor in 2004 and apparently I failed to pay
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I got a misdeameanor in 2004 and apparently I failed to pay the full fine and today I called the courts as I needed a date of the offense for my notary public. That is when they informed me of the unp… read more
I was notified by SS that I have an arrest warrant that was
BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
I was notified by SS that I have an arrest warrant that was issued by CA Dept of Corrections and Rehab back on Nov 4 2005. I now live in Ohio. I had an offense back in 1989 which I served time and tho… read more
I got a ticket while driving through Ohio for not moving to
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
I got a ticket while driving through Ohio for not moving to the left lane or slowing down to 45 MPH. I used the Courts automated system that calculated the fine and I sent it to the clerk of courts. I… read more
My son recieved a fixit ticket for missing 1 license, no current
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
My son recieved a fixit ticket for: missing 1 license, no current tabs, and no proof of insurance...He had current insurance and he went down and corrected the tabs the next day along with no front li… read more
My fiance is on Parole in West Virginia. He lives in Ohio and
Legal Eagle, Attorney at Law
My fiance is on Parole in West Virginia. He lives in Ohio and had a law violation. West Virginia has not made their decision on revoking his parole yet. And i was wondering what are the laws on inters… read more
We have just discovered that my fiance has a capias against
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
We have just discovered that my fiance' has a capias against him for a DUI in the state of Virginia from 2007. The fines for this were paid in full but he did not appear in court because he was out of… read more
I live in Kentucky. I have a bench warrant for failure to
Christy
Christy, Attorney
I live in Kentucky. I have a bench warrant for failure to appear for a speeding ticket two years ago. I also have an unresolved ticket in Ohio, and a fine for littering in a public waterway over five … read more
so i got a DUI in Washington state and in live in ...
Winston Mortain
Winston Mortain, Doctoral Degree
so i got a DUI in Washington state and in live in virginia. my question is if i dont comply with the fines and the alcohol/drug evaluation and class they want me to take cause I havent had time and I … read more
How do I adress a 2001 Florida dui arrest, out of state
rvlaw
rvlaw, Judge
How do I adress a 2001 Florida dui arrest, out of state? Moved back to ohio prior to court date. Kept in touch with public defender. fufilled dui school order in Oh. Made pmts. $45 per mo. mail in, an… read more
I received a notice for court appearance for issuance of ...
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
I received a notice for court appearance for issuance of bad check cl.C $529.00 on a business I closed 6 years ago. The address at top of notice was the address I was living at when I closed the busin… read more