I am seeking legal advice because I gave a company called…

Customer Question
I am seeking legal...

I am seeking legal advice because I gave a company called JSM Commercial & Home Solutions over 100K to fix a home in Dallas. They took my money, didn't complete any of the work, promised to pay me back and have basically deleted all there info off the internet. How should I proceed? Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure how to do that without paying a lawyer a bunch of money (which I no longer have).

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Please respond

Thanks so much for your patience. This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they promised to pay back your money and did not and promised to do work and did not. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.

This website is also pretty cool because they have some state-specific breach of contract forms that you can use as well. Click here to choose your state and get started.

What other questions did you have for me today?