I bought a foreclosure property..There is a double wide..Did…

Customer Question
I bought a foreclosure...

I bought a foreclosure property..There is a double wide..Did I purchase just the land or both..Foreclosure ad does not specify except,it does mention any fixture..The land appraises @ $6500 & I pd just a lil bit more than that..Surely I didn't just buy property for more than it appraised...Foreclosure attorney cannot advise..I need Help..!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Tennessee,,I spoke with foreclosure office yesterday..I bought last week..Lady said I should receive deed later this week or early next week..

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Once I get deed,I will be going to courthouse

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Is the double wide permanently attached to the ground, as in on a permanent foundation?

.

.

thanks

It is underpinned,,The people bought property back in 1996,I believe,,with a single wide on it..They traded in for the double wide..It is underpinned,with porches,front & back.

Ok, then this is going to depend on whether they ever surrendered the title and converted it to a fixture on the land. If they did, then it goes with the property. Typically if it is on a permanent foundation, they will have surrendered the title so as to avoid having to pay any personal property taxes on it.

.

TN considers mobile homes as real property as an improvement to the land. So unless it was new, it would just go with the land as a fixture..

.

.

thanks

I should receive my paper work this week,,there is a security lock box on back door..How do I proceed ?

If the bank doesn't have a key to it, then you can simply have a locksmith out to open it or just cut the handle off and replace it.. You are the legal owner once you get your deed..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much