Do I need to do when trying to retire. Can I put the

Customer Question
Do I need to...

Do I need to do when trying to retire. Can I put the business in my wifes name. I am a construction company llc.i am sole priritor but she is on the business account

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

For the retirement no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I need to file with the state

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

If you are retiring as a sole proprietor why are you going to put the business in your wife's name?

Will the company continue taking on projects?