I would like my husband to leave the home. New Jersey

Customer Question
I would like my...

I would like my husband to leave the home.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/14/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Have you filed for divorce?

.

Has your husband threatened or assaulted you?

.

.

thanks

I have not filed for divorce. He has not threatened or assaulted.

Ok, then unfortunately you can't force him to leave the marital home unless you filed for divorce and the judge grants you sole possession of it or he threatens or assaults you and you file with the police to get a restraining order against him..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

When you say marital home what does that mean?

The marital home is where the married couple live... So wherever you both live together is the marital home..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much